2. Executive Secretary Mike Berheide (Berea College) gave his report, distributed separately.
3. Nominations for President-Elect, to host the 2001 meeting, were accepted. The Executive Committee nominated J. Michael Thompson of Northern Kentucky University, who was subsequently elected.
4. Bill Garriott of Centre College was installed as President for 1999-00, effective at the close of the current conference.
5. President Canon announced that preliminary figures shows around 80 attendees at the conference this year (58 attending the dinner), and expressed his thanks to Pat Mingst, Beverley Claiborne and Chuck Zieglar -- and the caterers -- for their great help in preparation for the meeting.
6. Under new business:
a. Bill Garriott moved that at subsequent meetings, panel chairs would be requested to nominate and forward papers for consideration for the David Hughes Award. Paul Weber seconded, and the motion carried.
b. Garriott was then installed as President, effective at the end of tomorrow's session.
7. The meeting adjourned at 6:15pm.
Michael Berheide Executive Secretary