2. Executive Secretary Mike Berheide (Berea College) gave his report, distributed separately.
3. Nominations for President-Elect, to host the 2000 meeting, were accepted. The Executive Committee nominated Bill Garriott of Centre College, who was subsequently elected.
4. Bradley Canon of the University of Kentucky was installed as President for 1998-99, effective at the close of the current conference.
5. President Ziegler announced that preliminary figures shows over 60 attendees at the conference this year, and expressed his thanks to the many Louisville students who helped in organizing and running the conference, with special thanks to Landis Jones.
6. Under new business:
a. Jack Bizzel (Emeritus) asked that the Secretary keep track of the preferred means of contact for members, so that announcements (such as Klaus Heberle's recent death) would be sent to those who don't have easy access to email.
b. The membership was reminded of Klaus' memorial service in Louisville tomorrow, and it was noted that a moment of silence would be observed at the dinner meeting tonight. In addition, at the request of the faculty of Eastern Kentucky University, the Executive Committee will look into establishing some kind of award or honor in Klaus' memory.
c. President-elect Garriott asked the Executive Committee to look into awarding Malcolm Jewell the Distinguished Political Scientist Award at the next meeting in Lexington.
7. The meeting adjourned at 6:20pm.
Michael Berheide Executive Secretary