1. The meeting was called to order at 6:00pm by President Ed Yager of Western Kentucky University.
2. Executive Secretary Mike Berheide (Berea College) gave his report, distributed separately.
3. Nominations for President-Elect, to host the 1999 meeting, were accepted. The Executive Committee nominated Bradley Canon of the University of Kentucky, who was subsequently elected.
4. Under new business, Jack Bizzel (Emeritus, Morehead State) asked the Executive Committee to consider rearranging the panels. Too many panels run head-to-head, with the result that few people are in the audience, and tragic choices must be made. Jack suggested that we run panels consecutively, arranged by general areas. It was agreed that the Executive Committee would study the issue.
5. Charles Ziegler, University of Louisville, was installed as President for 1997-98, effective at the close of the current session.
Michael Berheide, Executive Secretary