KENTUCKY POLITICAL SCIENCE ASSOCIATION
2008 Annual Meeting
February 29, 2008
Business Meeting Minutes
1. The meeting was called to order at 5:30pm by President John Heyrman of Berea College.
2. Minutes of the 2007 meeting were approved as distributed.
3. Jason Gainous (University of Louisville) was nominated President for 2009, and was unanimously elected.
4. President Heyrman thanked all who helped in arranging the 2008 meeting.
5. Associate Executive Secretary Michael Hail (Morehead State University) gave the report on behalf of Saundra Ardrey, Executive Secretary (Western Kentucky University), distributed separately. Hail reported a grand total of $5,596.11 in our three accounts as of February 1, 2008.
6. Under new business:
a. Motion passed to allow the Executive Committee to select a President-Elect.
b. Motion passed for a rising vote of thanks for President Heyrman.
c. Motion passed that Associate Executive Secretary Hail explore publication of a journal for KPSA and report on feasibility and plan.
d. Motion passed that Associate Executive Secretary Hail explore investment options for the KPSA surplus that attend to tax and other issues.
7. Jason Gainous of the University of Louisville was installed as President for 2008-09, effective at the close of the current conference. The next annual meeting will be planned for March 6-7, 2009, hosted by the University of Louisville.
8. The meeting adjourned at 6:30pm.
Associate Executive Secretary