Business Meeting Minutes
2. Minutes of the 2003 meeting were approved as distributed.
3. President Dalager nominated Joe Gershtenson of Eastern Kentucky University to be President-Elect and to host the 2006 meeting. .
4. President Dalager offered his thanks to all panelists and members attending, to Georgetown College for sponsoring our break tables, and to the New York Times for sponsoring our reception. He noted that we had 46 registered for the dinner, and perhaps 60 registered for the entire conference. The largest contingents were from Georgetown and Berea.
5. Executive Secretary Mike Berheide (Berea College) gave his report, distributed separately.
6. Under new business:
a. Egbunam E. Amadife (Kentucky State) suggested that future programs list the names of registered attendees as well as participants. This will be easy to do after the fact (on the website), but some register at the conference, and will not appear on the printed program.
b. President Dalager reminded members of the schedule for the rest of the evening.
c. President-elect Ardrey noted that next year's meeting is scheduled for the first weekend in March: March 4-5. The exact location on the WKU campus is undecided, but hotel rooms are already being reserved.
d. Abdul Rifai (Berea) encouraged all to bring as many students as possible to these meetings.
e. Jack Bizzel (Morehead, emeritus) asked that the Executive Secretary check the mailing list to ensure that retirees are alerted to future meetings.
7. Saundra Ardrey Western Kentucky University was installed as President for 2004-05, effective at the close of the current conference. The next annual meeting will be planned for March 4-5, 2005, hosted by Western Kentucky University.
8. The meeting adjourned at 6:00pm.