2. Minutes of the 2001 meeting were approved as amended.
3. President Hicks nominated Jon Dalager of Georgetown College, to be President-Elect and to host the 2004 meeting. Dalager was elected.
4. President Hicke offered his thanks to Paul Blanchard of Eastern Kentucky University for his initiative in putting together the Saturday morning symposium, to the chairs and organizers of the panels, and to all attendees.
5. Executive Secretary Mike Berheide (Berea College) gave his report, distributed separately. There will be a Hughes Award given at this year's meeting.
6. Under new business:
a. Berheide reported on a proposal from the editors of Politics & Policy, inviting our sponsorship of that journal (see the agenda item). After discussion, Berheide and Paul Blanchard were appointed to investigate the matter more closely, in particular requesting samples of the journal and seeking clarification of the financial terms of sponsorship.
b. Paul Blanchard noted a substitution for the Saturday morning roundtable. State Senate President David Williams will be speaking.
c. Saundra Ardrey noted that Western Kentucky University's program has acquired two new positions and will in fact need to fill three positions this fall. They are seeking one-year appointments for one public administration slot and two American government slots. Anyone interested should contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
d. Paul Blanchard expressed the assembly's thanks to President Hicks for his excellent work this past year.
7. Greg Goldy of Morehead State University was installed as President for 2002-03, effective at the close of the current conference. The next annual meeting will be planned for February 28 - March 1, 2003, hosted by Morehead State.
8. The meeting adjourned at 6:00pm.
Michael Berheide Executive Secretary