1. Abdul H. Rifai Award. This award is for the outstanding undergraduate paper presented at the annual meeting. The 2001 award went to Irakli Khodeli of Berea College. This year's award will be presented at the dinner meeting this evening.
2. David Hughes Award. This award was created to acknowledge the most outstanding paper presented at the annual meeting by a faculty presenter from a Kentucky college or university. The Executive Committee chooses the recipient. The award for last year's paper will be presented at the dinner meeting this evening. No award was given last year -- we are still having enormous problems getting panel chairs to nominate papers.
3. Distinguished Political Scientist Award. This award for retired faculty is made from time to time by vote of the Executive Committee upon nomination by individuals or departments. Past recipients are:
1988 Dr. Amry Vandenbosch, University of Kentucky
1990 Dr. Frederic Ogden, Eastern Kentucky University
1991 Dr. Louis Smith, Berea College
1993 Dr. Jack Bizzel, Morehead State University
1999 Dr. Malcolm Jewell, University of Kentucky
2000 J. Allen Singleton, Eastern Kentucky University (posthumous)
No award has been proposed recently.
4. Further Progress on 2000 Resolutions:
a. Central Location Proposal. This idea seems to have petered out.
d. Sales Tax Number. The application is under consideration.
e. Reporting Meetings to PS. All taken care of.
4. Treasurer's Report. We have never received any bills from last year's meeting, nor any explanation. The assumption is that NKU simply paid them as a donation to our cause. If so, they deserve out great thanks. That is why our coffers increased by over $900.00 from last year.
Balance 2/1/02 $3,493.88
Balance 2/1/01 $2,530.28
Balance 2/1/00 $2,290.49
Balance 2/1/99 $2,286.94
Balance 2/1/98 $2,384.96
Balance 2/1/97 $2,079.87
Balance 2/1/96 $1,690.87
Balance 2/1/95 $1,442.65
Balance 2/1/94 $1,126.55
Balance 2/1/93 $1,577.67
Balance 2/1/92 $1,550.02
Michael Berheide, Executive Secretary