2. Minutes of the 1999 meeting were amended and approved.
3. Nominations for President-Elect, to host the 2002 meeting, were accepted. The Executive Committee nominated D. Bruce Hicks of Cumberland College, who was subsequently elected.
4. President William Garriott thanked the various staff and students who helped organize and operate this year's meeting. Attendance is high again this year.
5. Executive Secretary Mike Berheide (Berea College) gave his report, distributed separately.
6. Under new business:
a. President Garriott moved the following: "The KPSA instructs the Executive Committee to investigate the desirability of occasionally using a centrally-located, non-academic site for the annual meeting." Motion carried.
b. President Garriott moved the following: "The KPSA directs the Executive Committee to form a program committee for the 2001 and subsequent meetings. The program committee will be chaired by the KPSA President, and will be responsible for soliciting participation in the annual meeting, and organizing the program." Motion carried.
c. President Garriott moved the following: "The KPSA directs the Executive Secretary to develop a list of 'contact persons,' one for each member school, who will assist in providing accurate lists of political science personnel, distributing the annual call for papers and registration materials, and distributing announcements and other pertinant information." Motion carried.
d. President Garriott then asked the Executive Secretary to secure a sales tax number for the organization, and to see about sending a report of the meeting to PS.
7. J. Michael Thomson of Northern Kentucky University was installed as President for 2000-01, effective at the close of the current conference.
8. The meeting adjourned at 6:15pm.
Michael Berheide Executive Secretary